When it comes to the topic of the best online casinos, there is much to consider. As any avid player will tell you, not all online gambling sites are created equal, and choosing the wrong one can severely affect your gaming experience and even cost you more in the long run.
Because of this, we have taken the time to research and compile a list of some of the best online casinos around, which are explored in greater detail below.
First Look At The Best Online Casinos
- InterTops – Best Overall Online Casino
- Red Dog – Largest Welcome Bonus
- BigSpinCasino – Best For Mobile
- SuperSlots – Best Live Casino
- Cafe Casino – Best For Progressive Jackpots
- 7bitCasino – Most Cryptocurrency Friendly
- Bovada – Best For Sports Betting
- Wild Casino – Highest Payout Percentages
1. InterTops – Best Overall Online Casino
Launched in 1996, InterTops was initially a sports betting site and was considered by many to be one of the best around. Following their initial success, InterTops chose to expand their platform to include online gaming, and since then, they have incorporated video poker, table games, and a handful of specialty games as well. However, where the site really shines is in its impressive array of online slots, including a collection of 54 games of 3-reel slots and 117 games of 5-reel slots.
For those interested in 7-reel slots, InterTops does currently offer two 7-reel games, one of which is a low-volatility, frequent payout offering, the other being a high-volatility affair with larger than average jackpots.
Anyone opening an account and looking to play for real money with InterTops must provide all the standard KYC information they would have to give any other real money online casino. While we are on the topic of accounts, it is important to note that although InterTops does accept US customers, residents of Washington State, New York, New Jersey, Louisiana, Kentucky, Maryland, and Missouri are not eligible to open an account.
InterTops has also become recognized for their online gaming tournaments, most of which are geared towards online poker and other table games, although progressive slots are also supported. These tournaments host players from all over the world and are open to gamers of every skill level. Aside from the tournament options and impressive selection of five and three-reel slots, InterTops also offers a generous 100% deposit bonus for first-time customers. Furthermore, the online casino offers several non-deposit bonuses as well.
When it comes to funding, InterTops offers a convenient list of options, including credit card, Neteller, Paysafecard, and even Bitcoin. All-in-all, InterTops is considered by many to be one of the best online casinos around, and for all the reasons covered above, it’s easy to see why.
- Extensive offering of three and five reel slot games
- A wide array of casino games including video poker, blackjack games, and other table top games
- One of the better mobile gaming apps compared to other online casino sites
- Users can also access sports betting through their standard account
- Quality customer service, including a skype chat feature
- Accepts Bitcoin as a deposit and withdrawal option
- Holds a high reputation amongst gaming enthusiasts
- Residents of seven states, including Washington and New York, cannot play real money casino games
- Only two 7-reel slot games are available
2. Red Dog – Largest Welcome Bonus
Rounding out the runner-up position on our list is Red Dog Online, an online gambling site known for its generous bonuses and its simple, yet highly functional user interface. Red Dog is currently offering new members a welcome bonus of up to 260% on any real money deposits, a number that is much larger than many other online casinos offer. However, it should be noted that Red Dog does have a minimum payout amount of $150, which may be high for some, and there are many progressives games for which bonus funds cannot be used.
When it comes to live dealer games, Red Dog provides its users with access to a host of live games that are offered and maintained by Visionary iGaming, a leading provider of live dealer solutions online. Unlike many other gambling sites, Red Dog has developed various slot and specialty games in-house that users can enjoy along with some of the most popular casino games like WildFire 7s, Pay Dirt, Cash Bandits, and video poker, black jack, craps, and roulette.
Red Dog accepts clients from all states in mainland USA and also offers several convenient deposit options, including Visa, Mastercard, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Neosurf, and BPay (which will make Australian customers happy). All payment options have a minimum amount of between $10 and $30, making them very accessible. Finally, Red Dog does not charge any fees on deposits or withdrawals.
- Easy to use interface
- Play anywhere using the Red Dog mobile app
- One of the largest welcome bonuses of all online real money casinos
- Hosts several games that were developed in house and not found on other online casinos
- Over 200 different games available
- Over 15 slot games with a 98% or higher payout percentage
- 24/7/365 live chat support
- The minimum withdrawal amount is $150
- Welcome bonus cannot be used on some of the largest jackpot progressives
3. BigSpinCasino – Best For Mobile
Next up, we have the Curacao-based online gambling website BigSpinCasino. With over 400 online casino games to choose from, BigSpin is one of the better options available for those who enjoy a high degree of variety and choice regarding their gaming experience. Moreover, BigSpinCasino is also known for having one of the more usable mobile applications of any online casino, making it an excellent choice for those who are looking to play from their mobile device.
Aside from their impressive array of slots, video poker, black jack, table top, and specialty games, users will also appreciate the several casino bonuses the site offers, which includes:
- Sign up bonus of 200% up to $1,000
- Reload bonus of 150% up to $1,500
- 200% refer a friend bonus of up to $200
- Weekend reload bonus of 400% up to $2,000
- Player of the month award
Furthermore, BigSpinCasino hosts several slots and blackjack tournaments, many of which include larger than average progressive jackpots and feature live chat rooms. Once signed up, players will have the choice of four funding options which include Visa, Mastercard, Bitcoin, and Person2Person.
- Large selection of games to choose from
- Several generous bonus offers available
- Real money games and play-for-fun options are both available
- Provides users with a real-time chat function
- Has one of the better mobile apps of all online casinos
- The minimum deposit amount for credit card is $45, which may be high for some
- Because BigSpinCasino is relatively new, it doesn’t have the trust of users the same way other, more established real money online casinos do
4. SuperSlots – Best Live Casino
The next, and newest, online casino on our list is SuperSlots. Although just over a year old, the site has already become noticed as offering one of the better selections of real money casino games available, and their extensive array of 5-reel slots is one of the first things users will notice while logging on.
Moreover, each game has a small preview box that appears when the mouse cursor is held over the top of a game’s thumbnail. When this preview box appears, it provides a short description of the game and a measure of the game’s volatility on a scale of one to three. This simple little feature makes it easy for users to pick the game that is right for them.
For those interested in games other than slots, SuperSlot offers six games of black jack, four video poker games, and two live gaming options. The main drawback to SuperSlots is that many users complain about poor functionality of the website.
That being said, where SuperSlots really shines is in their cryptocurrency options. While most online casinos have begun accepting Bitcoin, the transaction fees over the bitcoin network are quite high, making smaller denomination deposits costly. Besides Bitcoin and Ethereum, SuperSlots also accepts Litecoin, Bitcoin cash, USD Coin, and Ripple, all of which have much lower transaction fees (especially Litecoin and Ripple). Moreover, SuperSlots runs an attractive bonus program where the first cash deposit comes with a 250% bonus (up t0 $1,000) and a 100% bonus on the subsequent five cash deposits (up to $1,000).
- Accepts Litecoin, USDC, Bitcoin Cash, and Ripple as deposit options
- High number of 5-reel slot games to choose from
- Live casino options to choose from
- 400% bonus on first cryptocurrency deposit (up to $4,000)
- All Bitcoin deposits come with a 5% bonus
- Generous deposit bonuses on the first six cash deposits
- the webpage has more unresponsive issues compared to other casino sites
- Smaller than average selection of poker games
- No live chat option for customer support, only email
- Higher than average bonus rollover requirement
5. Cafe Casino – Best For Progressive Jackpots
Most of those who enjoy playing casino games online keep an eye out for progressive jackpots as they offer the highest payout amounts. It’s for this reason that Cafe Casino, with over 30 progressive games (both 5-reel and 3-reel slots), is often mentioned as a top online casino by gaming enthusiasts.
In conjunction with a large offering of progressive jackpots, the site also grants a 350% sign-up bonus up to $2,500 and a $1,000 daily giveaway.
As has become the standard, Cafe Casino also accepts bitcoin as a payment option. Like many other casinos online, it offers bonuses and incentives to those willing to use Cryptocurrency as their primary payment option. For starters, the welcome bonus has a higher allowance when paid in crypto than with fiat. Secondly, any bonus funds gained from depositing bitcoin have a 25x rollover instead of the standard 35x rollover.
- Over 30 progressive jackpots to choose from
- Decent selection of live dealer games
- Easy to use online casino site and user interface
- Generous bonuses, especially when deposits are made in Cryptocurrency
- Quality tutorials on how to purchase bitcoin and deposit it into your Cafe Casino account
- US Players accepted
- Owned by Bovada, a trustworthy name is the field on online casinos
- The site is self-licensed, meaning it is not regulated by any governing body
- User reports indicate that US customers using credit cards to fund their accounts have experienced problems
- Not the best site to use for those who are non-cryptocurrency friendly
6. 7BitCasino – Best Cryptocurrency Casino
When it comes to security, 7BitCasino is considered one of the top online casinos in this respect. Aside from the standard 128-bit SSL encryption that has become industry standard, the site’s catalog of games is made up primarily of some of the most well-known names in the business, including BetSoft, NetEnt, and MicroGaming, all of which are known for their top-notch safety. On top of this, it is also the recipient of the Ask Gamblers (a popular authority on online casinos) certificate of trust.
While 7BitCasino does accept fiat currency, including USD, EUR, CAD, and AUD, the site is strongly focused on Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as a funding option. 7BitCasino allows users to fund their accounts using Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Tether, Litecoin, and Ethereum.
When it comes to casino bonuses that users can enjoy, 7Bit does offer a decent assortment, including:
- 100% welcome bonus up to $100 or 1.5 BTC
- 50% on second and third deposit on $100/$200 and 1.25 BTC
- 25% reload bonus every Monday on $50 and .00095 BTC
- 100 free spins every Wednesday with a deposit of 0.0011 BTC or 60 USD
- Good choice for those looking to fund their account via DOGE or Litecoin
- Known as a highly secure site
- Considered a highly reputable online casino
- Has a whole host of games only available to those playing with Bitcoin
- Supports a VIP membership
- Generous welcome bonuses on BTC
- Welcome bonuses for USD is considerably lower compared to other real money online casinos
- Not the best option for those looking to play solely in USD or EUR and not cryptocurrency
- Although support is available 24/7, no toll-free number or live chat option is available, with email being the only option
7. Bovada – Best Casino For Sports Betting
Bovada is one of the most recognizable names in the world of online gambling, and it is one of the few sites that even non-gamers are likely to be familiar with. Although the Bovada brand was created in 2011, the online casino traces its roots back to the days of Bodog, which was one of the first mainstream online gaming sites around.
Today, Bovada provides its customers with access to one of the largest online sportsbooks around and also offers poker, black jack, table top games, horses, live dealer games, and, of course, slots.
When you log on to the Bovada website, you will be met with a large banner advertising a $3,000 welcome bonus. While the chances for $3,000 is there, the promotion breaks down into three separate $1,000 bonuses of 100%.
One of the better aspects of Bovada is their quick account approval process and easy deposit options. As of now, the online gambling site supports Visa, Mastercard, and American Express as payment options along with Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Zelle.
- Considered one of the most reputable casino sites
- Lots of live betting options
- Functions as a sports book as well
- High number of table games and slots to choose from
- Fast account approval
- Welcome bonuses are noticeably less generous than other online casinos
- Better for users whose emphasis is on sports betting and not on playing online casino games
- Odds can be slow to update when betting on sporting events
8. Wild Casino – Highest Payout Percentages
Established in 2018 and currently registered under the Panama Gaming Commission, Wild Casino is another top-quality option when it comes to online casinos and gambling online. Using the popular BetSoft software, the Wild Casino website will have a layout that many gaming enthusiasts will be familiar with.
Furthermore, the site offers an impressive welcome bonus of 250% up to $1,000. The subsequent four deposits offer a bonus of 100% up to $1,000 however the maximum release amount is 10x the bonus amount up to $20,000.
As with most real money gambling sites, users can fund their accounts using Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discovery) along with cryptocurrencies Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Stellar, USDC, and Litecoin. It is worth pointing out that Stellar is the only commonly used Cryptocurrency that has no fees and provides almost instant transfer.
- Over 150 games to choose from
- Accepts Stellar and Ripple, meaning it offers low fees
- Quick and easy payout options
- Considered by some to be one of the best real money casino for crypto payments
- Hosts a collection of 5-reel slots with a high payout percentage
- Customer support could be better
- Has one of the more lackluster mobile gambling apps compared to its competitors
Best Online Casino Sites FAQs
Now that we have outlined our top eight picks, it’s worth taking a moment to look at some of the most common questions people have when talking about online casinos.
What is the best online casino?
As stated by our list of the top online casinos, InterTops can be considered the most well-rounded and overall best site as it allows users to play online casino games and bet on sporting events. RedDog and BigSpin are both quality options as well.
What is the difference between a real money casino game and free casino games?
As the name implies, real money casino games are games (slots, poker, black jack, etc.) where wagers are made with real money, either fiat currency or crypto. Free games are games where wagers are not made with real money, and thus no profit or loss can be incurred.
Should I fund my account with Cryptocurrency?
Cryptocurrency is an excellent way to fund your account because it is quick and easy once you get the hang of it. Furthermore, there are many extra online casino bonuses to be collected as most online casinos these days prefer their customers to make deposits using crypto instead of fiat.
That being said, the network fees associated with coins such as Ethereum and Bitcoin can be pretty high at times, making them impractical for depositing a small amount. To avoid fees, look for sites that support payments via Stellar Lumens, Ripple, Litecoin, and Doge.
Which online casino has the best payouts?
Payback percentage, sometimes referred to as RTP (the amount of each bet that is returned to the player), is set by the individual game and not the provider. In most cases, slots will have an RTP of anywhere between 85% and 98%, and other table games are similar.
The exception to this is sports betting. In this instance, the operator has some say in the odds and spreads available.
Have Fun Playing Online Casinos
When looking to gamble online, choosing the right online casino is essential. If you’re looking to jump into the world of online gaming or find yourself unhappy with your current provider, consider trying out one of the eight options we have highlighted in this article.
Paid advertisement. Dallas Observer does not sell, evaluate, or endorse products or services advertised.